Sidney Rittenburg tells his first hand story about being part of Mao’s revolution. In often painful words he describes his own delusions about Mao and what was going on in China, including the violence he refused to see at the time. As we strive towards Peace, Freedom, and Civil Rights for all, there is much ground covered in this DVD that we should pay close attention to.
Some points we may want to keep in mind as we move forward:
· Focus on values and ideals, not personalities.
· Democracy always includes dissent.
· Freedom of speech and freedom of the press must be sacred.
· Justice and civil rights are primary concerns, always.
· Nonviolent resistance and reconciliation must be practiced whenever possible and as soon as possible.
Please take the time to watch this documentary; you will be glad you did!
Available on request from your library or wherever you normally rent movies.